Big Hole River Fishing Report
The Big Hole is currently in great shape. Clarity is around 2 feet and currently the river is stable. Streamer fishing in the canyon sections and lower river has been very good for anglers this week. We should see the fishing continue to be good into the weekend as we have a pretty stable weather pattern. Caddis should start hatching on the lower Big Hole any day now. We have seen March brown’s hatching and some Blue Winged Olives. The best fishing has remained subsurface with nymphs and streamers lately. Pat’s stoneflies, jig head pheasant tail nymphs and streamers have been the ticket.
COVID-19 Phase 1 Social Distancing and Sanitization Regulations
In accordance with the directives of both the State of Montana and Silver Bow County, below are the rules for entering the fly shop
- No customers with COVID-19 symptoms may enter the fly shop
- Only 3 customers may be in the fly shop at one time
- Mandatory to practice 6-foot social distancing guidelines while in the fly shop
- All customers must sanitize their hands using our provided sanitizer before entering the shop
- Before touching any flies, please get a pair of rubber gloves from an employee
- You are welcome to try on any clothing, but please let us know so that we can sanitize the product when you are finished
- Please wear a facial mask
- Restrooms will temporarily be unavailable to the public
- Fishing Licenses have to be purchased online. Click Here to purchase
- Credit Card only Purchases.
We have a Pick-Up window for customers that would prefer doing take-out orders
Thank you for your cooperation. Together, we will make it through these difficult times
Currently we are in Phase 1 Business Requirements
- A 14 day quarantine for non resident business travelers will remain in effect. If residents or non residents leave the state of Montana and then come back into Montana they are required to self isolate and quarantine for 14 days before being able to visit a retail store or go on a guided fishing trip. Once the ongoing quarantine travel restriction requirements have been met, guides and outfitters may offer their services provided they adhere to social distancing guidelines and sanitation protocols. Governor Bullock said “While we love our visitors, we would ask that you not come visit while Montanans are watching out for one another by staying at home. This is important not only to protect our health care system, but also to protect against the spread of COVID-19. As of today, travel from another state or country is the most common known source of COVID-19 infections in Montana. I am asking anyone who is in Montana and has recently traveled from another state or country to do the right thing and self-quarantine for 14 days,” The Directive applies both to Montana residents and non-residents entering the state for non-work-related purposes.
- In establishments where customers wait in a line, non-household customers should remain physically distanced.
- Physical Distancing of 6 feet must be maintained between non-congregate customers. This will require the reduction in capacity of our fly shop down to 3 customers at a time.
- Customer and employees must sanitize their hands before entering the retail store.
Phase 1 and 2 Recreational Guidelines
- Public lands, fishing access sites, and parks are encouraged to continue to provide outdoor recreation opportunities for local and regional users provided that users can adhere to strict social distancing guidelines and facilities follow frequent sanitizing protocols. Areas that cannot practicably implement social distancing requirements or sanitation needs will remain closed. Limited campground offerings, group-use facilities and playgrounds, may be opened at the discretion of local and state managers. Local, state and federal officials are strongly encouraged to coordinate on all reopening decisions. Guides and outfitters may offer services consistent with any ongoing quarantine travel restrictions provided they adhere to social distancing guidelines and sanitation protocols. Visitors should check the status of any closures and restrictions before traveling.
Click here to change this text
#4 Smokin’ Mirrors
#4 Sparkle Minnow
#6 Mini Dungeon Black/Yellow
#6 Pat’s Stone
#6 Flash minnow
#8 Chubby Chernobyl (Olive)
#12 March Brown
#12 Purple Rooster
#12 Jig Head Pheasant Tail
#12 Silver Lightning Bug
#12 Bloom’s Caddis
#14 Purple Haze
#16 Split Winged BWO
#16 Blue Winged Olive Comparadun