Beaverhead River Fishing Report
Flows out of Clark Canyon Reservoir are currently on the drop. The outflow this morning is 672 cfs. We have had good fishing from Buffalo bridge down stream. Our best tactic has been nymphs and streamers. Nymphs of choice have been sow bugs, scuds and some small olive may fly nymphs. Streamers of choice have been colors in the olive or black zone. We haven’t seen much for hatches yet on the upper end of the Beaverhead River. Fish are healthy and we have been catching many in the size range of 18 inches – 22 inches so far this season.
COVID-19 Phase 2 Social Distancing and Sanitization Shop Regulations
In accordance with the directives of both the State of Montana and Silver Bow County, below are the rules for entering the fly shop
- No customers with COVID-19 symptoms may enter the fly shop
- Only 3 customers may be in the fly shop at one time
- Mandatory to practice 6-foot social distancing guidelines while in the fly shop
- All customers must sanitize their hands using our provided sanitizer before entering the shop
- Before touching any flies, please get a pair of rubber gloves from an employee
- You are welcome to try on any clothing, but please let us know so that we can sanitize the product when you are finished
- Please wear a facial mask
- Restrooms will temporarily be unavailable to the public
- Fishing Licenses have to be purchased online. Click Here to purchase
- Credit Card only Purchases.
We have a Pick-Up window for customers that would prefer doing take-out orders
Thank you for your cooperation. Together, we will make it through these difficult times
#4 Smokin’ Mirrors
#4 Sparkle Minnow
#4 Little Kim Copper
#18 Soft Hackle Ray Charles
#16 Scud (Olive) (Tan)
#12 San Juan Worm (Brown)
#12 San Juan Worm (Tan)
Mid Winter Update – Sale Items – Spring Special
It is late January here on the Big Hole River. The river is frozen over as it typically is in January. You will not find open water unless springs are entering the river or you have a high gradient zone. As far as snowpack goes we are seeing an average winter so far. The Big Hole watershed is at 97% of normal snowpack. So what does this mean for water levels this spring and summer? It is way too early to predict water levels for the 2020 season. It is not until late February and mid March that we will know more on snowpack. The next two months can be our wettest months of the year for snowpack.
It is time to start thinking about Spring fishing. We are running our very popular Spring Special again. Here is the link for information on the Spring Special.
We have many exciting sale products currently on our online Store. You can Find Simms Headwaters Boots – Felt 25% off. Also we have in stock the Simms Rip Rap Sandal – Felt 30% off. Simms Guide jacket -Loden 20% off. Simms Rogue Fleece Hoody – River Camo 25% off
Click Here to visit our sales page on our online Store Free Shipping on Orders over $75.00
Friends of ours at Big Sky Sotheby’s Realty currently has a great house for sale to land you in the fishing mecca of Dilllon, Montana. View the listing here