Beaverhead River Fishing Report
The Beaverhead has been fishing well recently for us. We have moved into Crane Fly season and hopper season. You will find great cranefly fishing in the early morning hours and during the days that are overcast. Make sure you get tight to the banks and give them a twitch and you should be awarded with an explosive eat. The outflow below Clark Canyon Reservoir is 520cfs and steady right now. You will also find trico’s hatching up in the slick near the dam. You can have fun stalking large fish rise in the mornings to trico’s.
“Hoot-Owl” restrictions prohibit fishing during the hottest times of the day. A hoot-owl restriction prohibiting fishing from 2 p.m. to midnight. the Hoot-owl restriction is currently in effect in the below locations on the Beaverhead River.
-The lower Beaverhead River from Anderson Lane to the Jefferson River.
The section that is open to all day fishing with no restrictions is from the Dam down to Anderson Lane fishing access site. If you need clarification of this location please call the shop 406-412-3463.
Please purchase your Fishing Licenses online. Click Here to purchase
COVID-19 Phase 2 Social Distancing and Sanitization Shop Regulations
In accordance with the directives of both the State of Montana and Silver Bow County, below are the rules for entering the fly shop
- No customers with COVID-19 symptoms may enter the fly shop
- Only 3 customers may be in the fly shop at one time
- Mandatory to practice 6-foot social distancing guidelines while in the fly shop
- All customers must sanitize their hands using our provided sanitizer before entering the shop
- You are welcome to try on any clothing, but please let us know so that we can sanitize the product when you are finished
- Masks are required to be worn in the shop
- Restrooms will temporarily be unavailable to the public
- Fishing Licenses have to be purchased online. Click Here to purchase
Check out our web store for the latest hopper patterns and gear. We have the new Thunder Thigh hopper, Ross Reels Gunnison 5/6 in stock and many items from Abel, Winston, Scott Fly Rods and Patagonia.
#10 Juicy Bug
#8 Fat Albert
#4 Little Kim Copper
#18 Trico Spinner
#18 Comparadun Trico
#10 Chubby Chernobyl (UV) (Gold) (Purple)
#10 Thunder Thigh Hopper
#10 Morrish Hopper
#14 Spanish Bullet
#16 Hot Bead Frenchie
#12 Bloom’s Caddis
#14 Purple Haze